It’s that time of year! Christmas! I have put together a tutorial on how to make some quick snowflake decorations. This is a great activity for kids and adults, and can be used as decorations for the tree, gifts to be given, even little tiny add-ons for your presents. It is quick and simple, cheap, and awesome for last-minute ideas.
You will need:
- Sheet of acrylic
- available at most hardware and surplus stores. I used stuff 3mm thick.
- Access to a laser cutter
- often found at Makerspaces, some Libraries, Universities, and the occasional local service provider. I am a member at Kwartzlab (a Makerspace in Kitchener).
- Inkscape installed on your computer
- or any other vector editing software (Inkscape is free and Open Source)
- Access to the Snowflake Generator site
- Colourful permanent markers (I’ve used Sharpies without issue)
- Glue gun and glue stick