My 2012 Waterloo Staff Conference presentation can be found here
Links related to content used in presentation and related project sites:
Arduino site, with lists of where to buy the development board and how to program it (includes the Lilypad unit as well)
Raspberry Pi computer-on-a-board
Pirate Box how-to
Buy some EL wire
Pepakura software (make any 3D object with paper)
Seed Bomb recipe
Recipe used in the presentation:
- 1/2 cup Earthworm castings. Available at some stores with garden centers, such as the King St. Home Hardware/OSC store combo in uptown Waterloo. Or, you can just grow your own.
- 1/4 cup “Clay alternative” (its basically shredded paper) – I should note dry clay works as well, but its hard to find locally, or in large quantities without ordering online.
- 1 teaspoon seeds. We used the “Deer Resistant” mix from Ontario Seed Company
- Approx. 1/8 cup of water. You don’t want too much or the seeds may start to germinate, just enough to hold everything together.
- Combine everything but the water.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Add water, continue mixing. Make sure all the seeds get picked up by the gooey mixture.
- Roll into balls about the size of the tip of your thumb. Too big and the plants with compete with each other. With the quantities listed above, aim for 12 balls.
- Let air dry.
- Deploy and enjoy.
I should really just hand over my paycheck to them every month
A shop in the GTA that has a quick and clean purchasing system
Local supplier of parts, kits, etc. Located in Cambridge across from the Toyota plant. Kind of expensive, its usually far cheaper to order online, but when you’re in a pinch they’re great
One of the biggest, most-used suppliers of electrical components